Thursday, April 01, 2004

Two Poems



Two Poems


contributed by mizrani n.s.

MUSINGS

For all the wiles of the world
For all the words said
That cause great pain
You strain your ears
For kind words that never come
And you ask yourself why
Every card has two faces
Every road a long way
Every dream an awakening
And then you understand
That each dark night
Is only
The prelude
To the brightness
Of a new day.


FOR HIM WHO DIED

I will never look at a tree again
Without thinking of how
There can be contrast between
The life
Of each full leaf
And what can hang
From a dead rope.
I will never ask the world again
What I am here for
Because the world will never answer
The clue was given
So very long ago
In that one verse I did not savour
As I should.
When He said
"I did not create the jinn and Man
except that they worship Me."

No comments: