Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Of Chance and Choice

It's entirely up to you, Sweetheart...

When we meet the right person to love when we're at the right place at the right time, that's chance.
When you meet someone you're attracted to, that's not a choice. That's chance.
The difference is what happens afterwards.

When will you take that infatuation, that crush, that mind-blowing attraction to the next level?
That's when all sanity goes back, you sit down and contemplate whether you want to make this a marriage or just a fling.

When you decide to love me, even with all my faults, that's not a chance. That's choice.

Do you remember telling me that perhaps what I felt for you was not love, but merely an infatuation, a crush? And I told you that only time will tell? Well, really, what takes a crush to the next level is a conscious choice. I choose to love you, Naim. Truly, I do.

When you choose to be with me, no matter what, that's choice.

Infatuation, crushes, attraction comes to us by chance.
But true love that lasts is truly a choice; a choice that we make.

"Fate brings us together, but it's still up to you to make it happen."

I do believe that soul-mates do exist. That there is truly someone made for each one of us. But it's still up to you to make the choice if you're going to do something about it or not. You may have met me by chance, but loving and staying with me is still a choice you have to make.

"We become happy in love not by finding someone perfect to love... but by learning how to love an imperfect person perfectly..."

(",)::~~~

No comments: