Saturday, May 31, 2008

Cold Callers

Don't you just hate cold callers?

Yesterday, I got a call from this woman called Anisa (019-271 5214) of Iklisa Samudera Sdn Bhd inviting me to a business seminar at 7.30 pm today. Apparently, someone (I refrain from using the word "friend") who attended one of their previous seminars thought I was a petani and "kindly" gave them my handphone number.

Of course, I wasn't interested in wasting my time but I told her "Yes, I was coming," just to screw her up. Within 30 minutes a guy (probably her bloody upline) called up on a Private Number asking me to confirm my attendance. I just hate people calling from Private Numbers so I just kept quiet until he realised he was talking to himself and hung up. Then he and Anisa tried calling me umpteen times but I didn't pick up, I just let the phone ring.

In the meantime, Anisa sent an sms with their address and my "Pass Number." I suppose this was to ensure that the "friend" who referred me automatically becomes my "upline."

Today, another woman called Ida called up from 019-271 2790 asking me to confirm attendance for their taklimat bela ikan keli. I replied, "Oh, saya tak jadi lah."

She asked: "Kenapa?"

I replied: "Saya tersalah dengar. Ingatkan kursus cari bini. taklimat bela ikan keli saya tak minat, tapi kalau ada projek cari bini, saya tersangat minat."

She hung up.

I don't think I'll be hearing from those people at Iklisa Samudera Sdn Bhd of 303-3, 3rd floor, Jalan 14/22, Right Angle Park, Section 14, Petaling Jaya in a long while.

If you wanna give these cold callers a hard time, do ring them up and express an interest in attending their "taklimat projek cari bini."

Or, "projek cari laki," or even "projek ternakan bela babi" as the case may be.

Copyright 2003-2008 Azlan Adnan Legal Notice

No comments: