Monday, December 01, 2003

I Guess it's Nothing but a Serious Case of Jealousy

I got a rude and nasty hate-mail today from a guy who, I guess, is jealous of all the wonderful Friends I have--you!

I suppose he, too, wishes he has all of you as his Friends.

I'm not going to bother to reply to his msg. After all, his intense jealousy is a vindication of how successful we've been in establishing friendships with each other--a back-handed compliment, if you will.

No need to lower myself to his level and tell you who he is, even. Don't even have to caution you not to befriend him. After all, all of you are intelligent enough to know a jerk when you see one. That's one of the reasons we're such good Friends. And I suppose he's so jealous because all of you are so drop-dead gorgeous, in addition to being so damn smart. I think this is the bit that really "gets" him.

We can play into his hands and get upset and make a mountain out of a molehill. Or, we can simply ignore him and carry on our friendship as usual. I know that will make him even more jealous. But, hey, that's his problem, yeah?

warm regards
Azlan

Source: Posted at my myspace.com Bulletin today.

No comments: