Sunday, February 22, 2004

February Update

The past month has been rather chaotic for me, what with me being intermittently away and having limited access to the Net so I haven't been blogging as usual or "entertaining" my Fan Club members as much as I should. So new members may be wondering what's going on.

The good news is that I shall be back with full access to the Net next week and also I had the electrician and wireman come in today to move my iMac to my room from the TV room so that I will be less interrupted by people who want to watch the TV in the dark.

Over the next few days I shall also attempt something I haven't done before ~ re-install Mac OS X onto another partition on my hard disk. The partition where it is on right now is almost full and I intend to install it on a partition with is much bigger and has more free space. This will allow me to install the latest upgrades to the OS X, including some javascript support for Safari.

Also, from March 1, I shall be the Website Administrator for http://www.ypcs.org ~ the website for the Young Professionals Consultative Society. I would encourage you to join this society if you are a Malaysian and a working professional.

It is an excellent society for business and social networking. I would also encourage postgraduates and final-year students to join as it would help you get a job. You can register under the Head Hunting section and also there is a Situations Vacant section where jobs are advertised.

The site is in Beta++ testing at the moment and needs to be cleaned up. So please ignore the obvious test entries under the various sections. Do not take them seriously. You can identify them by their hilarious or nonsensical nature.

On the political front, besides bird flu, it is election fever in most of Southeast Asia ~ in the Phillipines, Indonesia and, of course, Malaysia. I met some friends just back from a holiday in Jakarta and they told me their holiday was marred by the pre-election hoo-hah there. They didn't feel very safe; I guess because erm, well, you know what Indons are like when they get excited or incited.

Bernama reported the Selangor MB as saying yesterday that he expects the General Elections in Malaysia to be in a month's time. This is a grave error for Toyo to make. He should have realised that's it is not his place to say when the elections would be. But he has a history of shooting his mouth off. The word on the grapevine is that he would be standing for a Parliament constituency and if he wins will be appointed a Parliamentary Secretary in a Federal Government ministry. If he wins, that is a big if, given his hare-brained track record of shooting his mouth off, as I said.

Which begs the question, who will be the next Selangor Chief Minister? A source within UMNO says that one of the deputy ministers who currently is MP for one of the Selangor constituencies will be sitting for a State seat and made CM if he wins. Or it could be a Parliamentary Secretary with a constituency in Selangor. Kuala Langat and Tanjung Karang were bandied about. As you can see, there is a lot of speculation right now, as can be expected.

Thanks to Hadiyah, a Friend at myspace.com, I've decided to start the New Hijrah Year by modifying my tagline, replacing Harmless with Hilarious. I think it's more apt. What say you?

live and laugh
azlan ::~~~
the Absolutely Hilarious, Fabulously Wonderful Guy!

No comments: