Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Farid behaving strangely

Farid Evades Queries on RM1 Billion Donation Pledge

PENANG, Feb 6 (Bernama) -- The question of whether the National Cancer Council (Makna) has received a donation of RM1 billion from self-proclaimed Lebanese "billionaire" Elie Yousef Najem remains unanswered.

Makna chairman Datuk Farid Ariffin would not confirm if the money pledged by Elie had been deposited in the council's account.

"Don't ask me anything, I don't know about it. Cancer patients will continue to pray that Elie will fulfil his pledge," he told reporters in Penang on Monday.

"I have not been in contact with anyone for the last several days as I had switched off my handphone. With Elie too, I have not been in touch the past four days," he said.



What a strange thing to say!
Why can't he just say he hasn't received the money yet?
Why does he have to switch off his handphone?
How can the chairman of an NGO just deny knowing anything?
Don't you think something doesn't add up?

Copyright 2003-2006 Azlan Adnan Legal Notice

No comments: