Thursday, June 03, 2004

At the Fitness Centre

At the Fitness Centre
contributed by KAL (edited for clarity)

I read an article about picking up beautful women and started concentrating on what I thought were my weak points. I did as the article recommended and started picturing myself as the cocky funny person I wanted to be. I even did the whole daydream practice thing everyday.

I work at a fitness center so I see lots of hot women all the time. My biggest weakness is that I look away quickly after eye contact is made. I decided that before I started trying to approach women I would make it my goal for a couple of weeks to just make eye contact and hold it until they looked away.

Ok, here is the good part. After practising eye contact for a couple of weeks and doing the whole mental exercise thing, I was at work one day working out after my break and was practising my eye contact thing between sets with this really hot girl near the dumbbell rack.

I knew she noticed but it never bothered me cause I had no intentions of acting. Well, I had to go over to get a set of dumbbells for my next exercise and as I got close to where she was she suddenly turned around and said "I have a boyfriend" and turned around.

Normally I would have kinda stood there in shock and said nothing but, I guess all that mental practice paid off. Without even thinking or pausing the words just came out. I said "Hey that's great! I'm happy for you. (Pause - and in a lower tone) I know this is probably a major accomplishment for you but to the rest a the world this is kinda normal so you might not want to go telling every stranger you see."

Then I just walked off with my weights to do my sets. Five minutes later she comes over to me and apologizes and asks for my number. Turns out she didn't have a boyfriend but was just tired of being picked up by losers while she was trying to do a workout.

What a pleasant surprise!

Copyright 2003-2004 Azlan Adnan Legal Notice

No comments: