Saturday, November 20, 2004

The Nurse

More than meets the eye...

I entered the operation theatre where a veterinary surgeon friend of mine was doing a post mortem with another surgeon. There was also a nurse assisting.

She's a very attractive Malay girl. Petite, brunette and with a charming smile and warm glow to her blushing cheeks. I saw that they were operating on a large animal (could be a zebra) and could see they had just removed the liver, which had green spots on it. I thought that was unusual and asked my friend what's wrong with the liver. He kinda kept quiet. I thought he wanted to concentrate on whatever else he was removing next.

I glanced at the nurse who just gave me a warm smile. When I asked again, my friend still hesitated to tell me, but finally he gave me a bullshit answer: that the liver was polarised. Of course, that didn't make any sense. After the procedure, they all scrubbed up and had lunch. I gladly joined them, thinking it would be a good chance to be introduced to the nurse and "chat her up." But she went away.

As she was leaving, I asked her if she wasn't having lunch and she replied she wasn't having any because she was nauseous. I asked her if it was the operation.

She said, "Oh, no, I'm used to that. I have morning sickness."

Copyright 2003-2004 Azlan Adnan Legal Notice

No comments: