Tuesday, April 12, 2005

RADIO 4 this morning

This is a good joke.

Just called RADIO 4 at 03-9543 3333, just before the the 8 o'clock
news this morning and gave my views about DIVORCE and REMARRIAGE but
Simon and Caroline said they couldn't air it as its about RELIGION!

Just fancy that, they try to discuss Marriage and Divorce divorced
from the context of RELIGION.

I hope they have a recording of our exchange. They would be lovely
EVIDENCE. Anyway, here is the gist of the conversation:

I started by saying that I support re-marriage as i have a
HUSBAND-IN-LAW, my ex-wife's present husband. We are like an large
extended family called his present (my ex) looks after his SIX
daughters from his previous 2 marriages. Actualy, his second marriage
bore no children.

One of them asked (Caroline, I think) how I thought values have
changed. I started by explaining much I admired John Paul II, as an
exemplary personification of someone who deserves to be honoured. Then
I constrasted this to the Vatican of old, at the time of the Borgias,
where the Pope encouraged INCEST, having his SON take the VIRGINITY of
his DAUGHTER. This is was way for the Vatican State to retain power as
the Pope married off his daughter in a marriage of convenience as a
way of consolidating power.

The Vatican has come a long way from when they burnt Joan of Arc at
the stake, persecuted Copernicus and Tycho Brahe for saying things
like the Earth is round, not flat; and that the Earth moved round the
Sun, not the sun around the Earth.

That's when they ask me to stop because they cannot talk about RELIGION on air.

They put Linda on, instead. They just don't have the courage to speak
with conviction.
This ideology of Hypocrisy we live in I, suppose. Or is it? Do we just
leave it at that and accept the status quo or do we STEP UP!?

hmmmmm
something to think about
--

SURRENDER TO PEACE, SHARE LOVE & ROCK THE WORLD ALONG THE WAY!
Azlan
The Purpose of My Life is Sharing, Cherishing and Relishing Allah's
Infinite Love and Abundance with Others
H/P: +6012-383 1324
Fax: +603-2032 1128
E-mail: surrender2peace@gmail.com

Please have a look at:
http://www.peaceisthewayglobalcommunity.org/Index.aspx
and sign-up to commit to a life as a Peacemaker if you believe
Unilateral Peace is the way forward for the Progress of Civilization.

No comments: