Thursday, March 18, 2004

This is How I Feel
About unrequited love, also contributed by Maybelle

Do you like to know you hurt me?
Does it make you feel so strong?
I sit and cry my eyes out
cause I know you've done me wrong
How can someone I love so much
hurt my heart so bad?
When you forgot me on my birthday,
I had never felt so sad
There were so many times I wish you knew
how hard I'd sit and cry
My heart was built for loving you,
but for me you'd only lie
I gave my heart away to you,
my trust is what you had
I told you all my secrets
'til you lied and got me mad
You weren't supposed to know that,
or how did you find out?
That's what you used to say to me,
now what's that all about?
You told me you'd be there
and you wouldn't let me down
You made me all those promises,
but then you weren't around
Don't get me wrong, I love you
and you know I always will
There's just something about you
that makes me love you still
I think it's cause I know who you are inside
I know you don't mean to hurt me,
if you only would have tried
We had something special,
or at least that's what I thought
We could tell each other how we felt,
it was a love that can't be bought
Sometimes I sit and wonder
if what you said was true
If you told me that you loved me,
why'd you do the things you'd do?
If you really did love me,
you'd have never let us go
I can't seem to forget you,
so this is how I know
I guess it's time to say goodbye,
you were wonderful from the start
I've got to learn to let you go,
but you'll always have my heart.

No comments: