Friday, May 21, 2004

Open Letter to My Darling

Open Letter to My Darling

It was entirely up to you, Darling.

When we meet the right person to love when we're at the right place at the right time, that's chance. When you meet someone you're attracted to, that's not a choice. That's chance. The difference is what happens afterwards.

When will you take that infatuation, that crush, that mind-blowing attraction to the next level? That's when a sanity check is realized, when you sit down and contemplate whether you want to make this a marriage or just a fling. When you decided to love me, even with all my faults, that's not chance. That's a conscious choice. When you chose to be with me, no matter what, that's choice.

Infatuation, crushes, attraction; all come to us by chance. But true love that lasts forever is truly a choice; a choice that we make.

"Fate brought us together,
but it's still up to us to make it happen."

I do believe that soul-mates exist. That there is truly someone made for each of us. But it's still up to us to make the choice if we're going to do something about it or not.

You may have met me by chance, Darling, but loving and staying with me is still a choice you had made. We become happy in love not by finding someone perfect to love... but to learn how to love an imperfect person perfectly...

Thank you for loving me perfectly, Darling; for teaching me what true and sincere love really feels and means.

Allah has truly blessed me by bringing you into my life, Sweetheart. I shall cherish His gift by reciprocating your unconditional love, Darling.

Yours, all yours
Azlan


Nota Bene
The above letter is in reply to the following poem from my Darling:


There is Special Something About You...

a poem dedicated to Azlan Adnan
May 7, 2004


Something... that draws me to you
and makes me want to get to know you better
Something... that stirs up my emotions
Every time I see you; every time I am near you:
Every time I hear or speak your name.
I really don't understand why I feel this way
Or what this is all about;
I only know that my heart tells me
~with each and every pounding beat~
that the Special Something about you...
Could turn into Something Very Special For Us.


with Love
"Your Darling"

Copyright 2003-2004 Azlan Adnan Legal Notice

No comments: