Wednesday, May 19, 2004

PRAYER ~ A Really, Really Good Supplication

A Really, Really Good Supplication

This supplication is offered to seek Allah's guidance in any matter where you cannot be sure which is the best course of action to take. Only Allah knows the consequences of our actions, and which choices are best for us both in this life and in the Hereafter.

Once you have performed this supplication, Allah may cause you to keep firm to your choice or to change your mind. After you have gone through with whatever decision you finally make, you should trust that Allah has led you to what is best, and you should have no regret.

O Allah, I seek Your guidance through Your knowledge, and ability through Your power, and beg of Your infinite bounty; for You have power and I have none, You know and I know not, and You are the Knower of hidden things. O Allah, if in Your knowledge this matter (mention your matter here) is good for my faith, for my livelihood and for the outcome of my affairs, then decide it for me and make it easy for me and bless me therein; but if in Your knowledge this matter is bad for my faith, for my livelihood and for the outcome of my affairs, then turn it away from me, and turn me away from it, and decide for me the good wherever it may be, and cause me to be pleased with it.

"Then when you have taken a decision, put your trust in Allah.
Certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."

Qur'an, Ali 'Imran, Surah 3:159

"When My servants question you about Me, tell them that I am near.
I answer their prayers when they call on Me; let them answer My call.
Let them trust in Me, that they may be guided along the path of righteousness."
Qur'an, Al-Baqara, Surah 2:186

Copyright 2003-2004 Azlan Adnan Legal Notice

No comments: